all things old school: SLANT - Vain Attempt EP

Saturday, February 23, 2019

SLANT - Vain Attempt EP

Location: 서울, 대한민국
Release: Iron Lung Records, 2019

Wow this caught me off guard, the last time I heard a South Korean band (this good!) was I few years back with the dudes in Things We Say but as of 2018 SLANT has appeared in western radars!

While checking Iron Lung's newest releases, the almost "unsual" SLANT artwork for the label's standards got my attention. An agressive assault like I couldn't image, the band blast-through the freshly out 4-song EP in merely 6 minutes! This brings me back to early 00's 625 Thrashcore and it's Barbaric Thrash Demolition comps, tight and energy-boostin' fast punk music ideal for rioting.

The band's killer Demo Tape got pressings both on Headcount (USA) and Pissed Off Records (Malaysia), few copies left.

ORDER 7" / DEMO (USA) or (MYS)
DOWNLOAD [new link!!]



photo by Blair Kitchener

No comments:

Post a Comment