all things old school: CRUSADE - First Cassette

Sunday, February 9, 2020

CRUSADE - First Cassette

Location: Missouri, USA
Release: I HATE I SKATE, 2017

Hard to top the previous post, in an effort to keep the level high I dug a hidden treasure from Springfield (MO), the demo tape by CRUSADE.

The record blasts off with shredding metallic riffs, preparing the terrain for their full scale crossover assault over the course of the cassette, 4 songs is just too damn short! They still play gigs so a sequel to this is probably not out of question.



I believe this is the second time a group from I HATE I SKATE is featured here, first one was The Real Cost, which later signed to Pop Wig for a record that never came out. This label has some hard af bands under their host, be sure to check them.

Another band worth checking is Overload Of Natural Energy (O.N.E.) which is comprised by dudes in CRUSADE as well. They've put out a demo with Advanced Perspective in 2017 and a few months back they self-released a new 4-song EP "Psychoactivation". They progressed a lot from the demo, still raw but way improved NYHC sound. 



DOWNLOAD [Crusade + O.N.E]

No comments:

Post a Comment